Vision and Values
A Shared Sense of Purpose. A Shared Sense of Principles.
1. Deliver Exceptional Service.
Our experience shows that if we serve our clients well, our own success will follow.
- Listen well.
- Anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Respond rapidly and follow through.
- Treat others as they want to be treated.
- Sell solutions, not products.
2. Demonstrate Integrity.
We are dedicated to complying with not only the letter of the law, but also the spirit of the laws and regulations that govern us. We will maintain the highest standard of ethics and scrupulously avoid conflicts of interest.
- Do the right thing—always.
- Know our rules and regulations—when in doubt, ask.
- Be forthcoming with information.
- Challenge the views of others in order to arrive at the best decision.
3. Be Active in Our Communities.
Among our most important stakeholders are the communities where our clients and employees live and work. We have a vested interest in building economically healthy communities.
- Share our financial knowledge and expertise.
- Responsibly support our low-to-moderate income communities.
- Get involved.
4. Think Long Term.
Our goal is to consistently provide superior returns to our shareholders over a long period of time. We will not be motivated by short-term profitability at the expense of long-term performance, nor will we be motivated by profitability that is driven by excessive risk-taking.
- Know our goals and stay focused.
- Always seek ways to understand and mitigate risk.
- Compete wisely.
5. Embrace and Create Change.
We emphasize creativity and innovation as we strive to continuously improve and exceed expectations. It is expected that our decision-making process will be thorough and transparent, as well as based on facts and critical thinking.
- Constructively challenge the status quo.
- Pursue new opportunities.
- Be a change agent: think outside the box.
- Ask ourselves: “Is there a better or more efficient way to do this?”
6. Employ the Very Best.
We make an extraordinary effort to identify and choose the very best person for every position. Our employees are competitive and passionate about getting the best results for the team and the organization. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best bank.
- Think critically.
- Be self-directed and proactive.
- Be hardworking and passionate about achieving excellence.
7. Promote Teamwork.
We know that working effectively together as a team will generate the best results. We avoid dysfunctional behavior, including gossip and office politics, that distracts the team from what is really important. We put the Bank’s and our clients’ interests ahead of our own.
- Collaborate within and across business units.
- Embrace diversity.
- Communicate respectfully.
8. Display Uncompromising Professionalism.
“Professional” is not a label we give ourselves, it’s a description we earn from our clients and peers.
- Find solutions, not excuses.
- Be a life-long learner and a subject matter expert.
- Be punctual and prepared.
9. Do More with Less.
To keep our client pricing competitive and to deliver superior returns to our shareholders, we continuously work to reduce our costs and maximize efficiency.
- Reduce costs.
- Minimize waste.
- Work productively.
- Seek continuous improvement.
10. Expect Excellence
We have an uncompromising determination and passion to achieve excellence in everything we undertake. We expect to consistently achieve top-quartile performance when compared to our peers.
- Do it right the first time.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Exhibit exceptional performance.
11. Be Accountable
We hold our officers and staff accountable for their actions. Excellent performance by our employees will be recognized and rewarded with compensation and career development.
- Willingly acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them.
- Take corrective action as soon as possible.
- Be candid.
- Fess up—don’t cover up.